What Will I Learn?
This course is designed by the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association and in compliance with DNV 2.7-1, EN 12079, and BS 7072 for all users of offshore containers and responsible persons for in-service inspection of various cargo units.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Conduct pre-use inspection of offshore containers in compliance with EN 12079, DNV 2.7-1, and BS 7072 where applicable.
- Carry out pre-shipment Inspection of CCUs
- Identify different types of Cargo Carrying Units (CCUs)
- Select CCU in relation to load weights and Lifting Sets Ratings
- Identify proper slinging methods for each load configuration such as in awkwardly shaped goods and tubular
- Demonstrate correct loading and stowage
- Apply safe principles of loading of supply vessels and discharging of deck cargo at offshore locations and quaysides.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper documentation
- Minimum requirements for offshore containers in compliance with EN12079, BS7072 & DNV 2.7-1
- Cargo general
- Security and safety of loads
- Loading stowage
- Safe cargo handling and shipping equipment
- CCU inspection procedures, checklist, and Container data plate
- Container structural faults
- Loading deck cargo
- Supply vessel loading
- Discharge deck cargo at offshore location quayside
- Loading and discharging of containers
- Safe discharge of cargos Content of the certificate of conformity
- Group workshop
Candidates are assessed both theoretically and practically in the course of the training against the requisite course objectives.