The NPORS Crawler Crane Course aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely operate a crawler crane.
In this course, delegates will learn:
- Load charts and calculations: Participants will learn how to interpret load charts and make load calculations, including the identification of safe working loads and the factors that can affect stability.
- Introduction to crawler cranes: This section covers the basic concepts and components of crawler cranes, as well as their uses and applications.
- Health and Safety: Participants will learn about the various health and safety regulations and guidelines that apply to crawler crane operation.
- Pre-operation checks: Participants will learn how to carry out a thorough pre-operation check of the crane, including a visual inspection and functional test of all controls and systems.
- Rigging and slinging: Participants will learn about the different types of rigging and slinging equipment and how to safely use them to lift loads.
- Operation: Participants will learn how to safely and efficiently operate the crane, including crane movements, load handling, and emergency procedures.
- Maintenance: Participants will learn about the basic maintenance requirements of crawler cranes, including daily checks and preventive maintenance procedures.