mobile crane operation
The NPORS Mobile Crane Operator (MCO) course is a training program designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to safely operate a mobile crane.
The NPORS MCO course typically covers the following topics:
- Health and safety regulations and guidelines related to the operation of mobile cranes.
- Types of mobile cranes and their components.
- Pre-use checks and inspections.
- Loading and unloading procedures, including securing loads.
- Safe operation of the mobile crane, including crane movements, boom extension and retraction, and stability.
- Emergency procedures.
- Hands-on practical training, which includes operating the mobile crane under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Set up exclusion zone.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for mobile crane use.
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Prepare the mobile crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures.