MEWP Scissor Lift training is a program that equips operators with the knowledge and skills required to operate scissor lifts safely and efficiently. The training covers a range of topics, including pre-use inspections, safe operating procedures, hazard identification, emergency procedures, and relevant health and safety regulations.
At the end of this course delegates will:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used, and be familiar with other types of information sources and relevant legislation.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Check all emergency lowering functions
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely on level ground and inclines in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height ➢ Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
- Use platform extension section
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures