The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills needed to safely operate a Counterbalanced Lift Truck.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the industry and their roles and responsibilities as an operator
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the machine and how to operate it safely
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook
- Locate and identify the major components and controls of the machine and explain their functions
- Explain the factors that affect truck stability and identify how to maintain stability of the truck and load
- Explain the dangers of overloading the truck and demonstrate how to prevent overloading
- Conduct all pre-operation checks Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel then move off and stop safely
- Maneuver the machine safely when laden and unladen, in open and confined areas and on inclines Pick up, transport and set down loads accurately and safely
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks, using racking systems and/or a road vehicle Carry out bulk stacking tasks accurately and safely
- Safely carry out battery care/maintenance/charging or safely refuel the truck (depending on truck type) Fit, adjust and/or remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.