What Will I Learn?
This course is designed for all personnel who are required to use, supervise, or manage the use of Powered Industrial Truck. The course uses OSHA criteria from 29 CFR 1910.178 which highlight the most common dangers of powered industrial truck operations and provide solutions to those dangers. Driving tips, avoiding injury, and proper handling & transportation of loads are featured.
To be in compliance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178, only trained and authorized operators shall be permitted to operate a powered industrial truck. [Course content not vetted by IADC as part of DIT accreditation]
MEWP Training is for anyone wishing to operate mobile elevated work platforms such as Cherry Pickers or Scissor Lifts. This course will train you to prepare and safely operate various types of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs).
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations
- Identify accident prevention and control.
- Identify the needs regarding personnel protection.
- Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre it in a correct and proper manner, inside and outside a building.
- Carry out pre-use checks and daily maintenance before starting work.
- Carry out the correct emergency procedures and understand the capacities and limitations to enable safe operation
- Age: 18 years and above
- Literacy: Basic reading and writing skills
- Fitness:Certificate of physical and mental fitness
- Physical ability: Good eyesight, sound hearing and ability to judge distance accurately.
- MEWP Categories
- Structural Parts
- MEWP selection
- Regulation & Guidance
- ISO 18878, HSWA, PUWER, LOLER, MHSW, WAHR & RIDDOR
- Safe Operating Methods & Hazards
- Pre-Use Inspections/Handovers
- Electrical Hazards, fall, Movement & Travel,
- Set-Up, Operation, Fuelling, Parking, and Securing.
Candidates are assessed both theoretically and practically in the course of the training against the requisite course objectives [Course content not vetted by IADC as part of DIT accreditation].